|SERENADE “BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD”
Saturday, February 11, 2017
All are encouraged to attend the Saturday Night Serenade on February 11. The Serenade begins at 7:00 PM in the Program Center, so plan on gathering in the open soccer field area (just past the Diocese Office Center on the left) with practice beginning around 6:30 PM.
102 – Praise Him in the Morning
61 – I Will Enter His Gates
12 – Amazing Grace
36 – Glorify Thy Name
121 – They’ll Know We Are Christians
5 – Abba Father
43 – Here I Am
111 – Shout to the Lord
20 – By Name I Have Called You
3 – DeColores
A few things to remember:
– The barricade to the soccer field will be open at 6:00 PM. Do not park on the roadways or shoulders – park all vehicles on the soccer field area beginning on the far side of the field and then filling in towards the soccer field entrance area. Keep the field entrance area clear. Car pool when possible to keep the number of vehicles to a minimum. IT WILL BE DARK – DRIVERS AND PEDESTRIANS USE EXTRA CARE!!
– There are no restrooms or garbage collection receptacles in the soccer field area. Please keep the grounds clean. Grills and open flames are not permitted.
– Bring flashlights and insect repellent. We will walk as a group from the soccer field to the Program Center. Wear comfortable shoes and watch for rough spots. Watch the weather and prepare for wet or damp ground.
– Song sheets for singers and serenade music books for musicians will be handed out at the soccer field gathering. A short rehearsal will cover the songs.
– When directed, the Serenade group will carefully walk together to the Program Center. Help each other along the way. Remember – the Serenade is not a secret, but it is a wonderful surprise! Let’s stay hidden from view and quiet for as long as possible to keep the surprise alive!
– Once inside the Program Center, please do not attempt to rush over to visit with, hug, or otherwise enter the pilgrim or team seating area. The pilgrims will be quietly restrained from leaving the circle area. Your gift to them is to be there waving, smiling, and singing!
– Once the Serenade is complete (De Colores is the final song), immediately exit the Program Center via the same route. Do not linger and visit in the Program Center as the pilgrims and team will still have more to do.
– Keep you flashlights ready and help each other walk carefully to the soccer field. Please return all song sheets and music to the Serenade leader. IT WILL BE DARK – DRIVERS AND PEDESTRIANS USE EXTRA CARE!!
Please all come and have fun making this night a joyously surprising memory for the pilgrims!
Secretariat Music Chair